Greek style shrimp salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives and feta cheese
Updated: 08/27/2012 12:26 PM
By: Chef Dan Eaton
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 3 Tbs lemon juice
• 1 small clove garlic, minced
• 2 Tbs fresh chopped dill
• black pepper to taste
• 24 defrosted, precooked cocktail shrimp (see hints below)
• sliced ripe tomato as needed
• small amount of thinly sliced red onion
• sliced deseeded cucumber as needed
• pitted Kalamata olives as needed
• crumbled feta cheese as needed
1. Use a small mixing bowl to combine 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil with 3 Tbs lemon juice, add 1 small minced clove of garlic, 2 Tbs fresh chopped dill and a crack of black pepper. Whisk it up, and then add a little bit of that to the shrimp and toss those to coat.
2. Cut the ripe tomatoes into thin wedges and also cut a little bit of red onion into very thin slices and then use a peeler to stripe your cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and cut it crosswise into thin slices.
3. Combine the cucumber, tomato and red onion in a mixing bowl and toss those with some of the dressing. Then divide it up onto individual plates and top each one with some of the shrimp, and finish with crumbled feta cheese, Kalamata olives and a little more of the dressing over the top.
HINTS: There are no exact amounts for a salad like this, but you'll want to count on about 6 shrimp per serving if they're a 30-36 count per pound size.
Back to list