Let's Cook: Hot sauce
Updated: 07/22/2012 03:49 PM
By: Robert Brenner
• 1 jalapeno pepper
• 2 cups apple cider vinegar
• 2 limes
• 6 cloves garlic
• 1 small onion
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
• 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1. Remove stem on pepper and quarter lengthwise.
2. Remove the pepper's seeds, cut the pepper in a medium-sized dice.
3. Add two cups of apple cider vinegar, juice of two limes, chopped jalapeno pepper, six cloves of roughly chopped garlic, one small chopped onion and one tsp of salt to the sauce pan and bring to a boil.
4. Once the mixture boils, let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Carefully add the mixture to a blender.
6. Add cilantro and black pepper to the blender.
7. Puree the mixture and add to a jar and store in refrigerator.
1. If your hands are sensitive, you may want to wear gloves.
Back to list
2. Be careful transferring the hot mixture into the blender.
3. You can make a larger mixture to store in refrigerator for a couple of weeks.