Grilled Flank Steak
Updated: 04/14/2012 01:56 PM
By: Chef Robert Brenner
• 1 flank steak
• 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic (4 cloves)
• 1/2 California Bay leaf, broken in half
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
• 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Stir together vinegar, water, garlic, bay leaf, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper until salt is dissolved.
Back to list
2. Whisk in oil until combined, then whisk in parsley. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperatures. 3. Discard bay leaf and stir sauce before serving.
4. Apply chimichurri to flank steak then grill at a high heat for about 2-3 minutes per side. Add more chimichurri, letting the meat rest for a couple of minutes to redistribute the moisture.
5. Slice the steak thinly, cutting against the grain.