Do Your Part: A better mold killer
Updated: 02/12/2012 04:58 PM
By: Terri Bennett
People do not need toxic cleaners to clean up mold. For a healthier home, there is a more natural and cheaper alternative.
Many of us have a dirty secret lurking in our bathrooms. It is mold. Mold is unsightly and in large quantities can be unhealthy. Do Your Part and find a chemical-free solution solution such as borax.
Borax is a natural white powder that keeps bacteria and mold at bay. It can be found in the laundry aisle of most grocery stores. Mix up one cup of borax with a gallon of hot water. Pour it into a spray bottle and spray on the affected area. Let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe clean.
People can also use borax to scrub away soap scum and hard water deposits. It is still a good idea to use gloves. Borax is natural, but can irritate sensitive skin and can be toxic if ingested. Borax is not only for the bathroom. It is also a great laundry booster; put a half cup in your wash and it helps get out tough stains.
Borax is also effective for the dishwasher. By adding a quarter cup to the bottom of it, it will help get rid of spots and film on your glasses and dishes. Finding ways to keep dangerous chemicals out of our homes and the environment is important.
Using borax is another way your can do your part!
Back to list