Lets Cook: Light caesar salad with homemade croutons
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Light caesar salad with homemade croutons
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tbsp dijon mustard
• 2 lemons, juiced
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 head romaine lettuce, cleaned and sliced
• ½ cup finely grated parmesan
• 1 cup homemade croutons (see recipe below)
1. In a bowl, combine the garlic, salt, mustard and lemon.
2. Stir in olive oil. Toss with lettuce, cheese and croutons.
3. Season with additional pepper as desired.
Traditionally, the dressing is prepared with an egg yolk to emulsify. This recipe eliminates that ingredient to lower the fat content and produce a lighter vinaigrette type of dressing. Anchovies can be added for a more traditional flavor, just reduce the amount of sea salt to half.
• 1 cup diced stale french bread
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• ½ tsp black pepper
• ½ tsp sea salt
1. Combine oil and seasoning on a sheet pan, toss with diced bread and bake until light golden brown.