To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
• 4 ¾ cups bread or all-purpose flour
• 1.5 tsp. salt, kosher or sea salt
• 4.5 tsp. baking powder
Sift these ingredients together and keep in dry storage. If desired, this recipe could be doubled or tripled and desired amount of mixture could be scaled out and enriched with sugar, heavy cream and sweet or savory fillings/flavors.
• 1/2 cup sugar (regular or light brown)
• 2 ½ cups heavy cream
1. Mix the sugar together with the dry ingredients, use a paddle or mix by hand.
2. Add the cream all at once and mix by hand or on firs speed until just incorporated.
3. Add sweet or savory additions.
4. Turn the mixture onto a floured work surface and gently knead until dough comes together and the additions are incorporated. Do not over mix.
5. Pad or roll out to a thickness of ¾ inches.
6. Place on sheet pan a place in fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from cooler and cut into evenly spaced portions.
8. Place on parchment covered sheet pan, apply toppings and bake at 390*F for 12-16 minutes.
• frozen blueberries/orange zest (to taste)
• dried sour cherries/dark chocolate chunks
• dried apricots/white chocolate chunks
• herb de provence (dash)/cheese Gruyere, white cheddar or Parmesan
• a mixture of 1/3 sour cream, 1/3 buttermilk, and 1/3 heavy cream could be use to give a more tangy flavor, maybe in combination with caramelized onions
• 6 oz. butter
• 4 ¼ oz. sugar
• 5 ½ oz. bread flour
• vanilla, to taste
• substitute 1.5 oz. of the flour for cocoa powder
• 4 oz. bread flour
• 5 oz. brown sugar
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 2.5 oz. walnut/pecan/hazelnut
• 3.5 oz. butter
1. Mix all ingredients except the butter together and add the dime sized, cold butter at first speed until the mixture is coarse and crumbly. Do not over mix.