Fayetteville house fire displaces family of five
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
FAYETTEVILLE — Fayetteville firefighters were called to a house fire Thursday afternoon where five people are now displaced from their home.
Everyone got out of the house safely. Firefighters battled the fire in extreme temperatures with the heat index of around 104 degrees and were taking extra precautions.
"We limit guys to one time going into the house, one working assignment. Then we will make them sit in the shade and rehab for a good amount of time. We try to keep guys rotated," said Capt. Don Tschida of the Fayetteville Fire Department.
The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced family. The cause of the fire was a malfunctioning clothes dryer.